STYLE MADE SIMPLE – EYE BROW SHAPING
Today's eyebrows are natural-looking with a tapered arch, and you can groom them yourself. Well-shaped eyebrows can take your face from ordinary to dramatic and beautiful. Your eyebrow shape can lift your eyes, widen or even slim your face, as long as you do not over pluck.
Before shaping eyebrows wipe them with some toner or aftershave cream to smooth and sterilise the area to avoid infections that cause bumps and pimples.
Well-shaped eyebrows can take your face from ordinary to dramatic and beautiful. Your eyebrow shape can lift your eyes, widen or even slim your face, as long as you do not over pluck.
Look for photos of women in a magazine, with the same face shape like yours and the brows you like. Wash your face with warm water and pat dry. Put a facial cloth in hot water and place it on your eyebrows for two minutes to help open the pores which will make it easier to remove hairs.
Before plucking your eyebrows, use a white eyeliner pencil to help you determine the shape you like to achieve. With an eyebrow brush, to brush your eyebrows upwards, and then use a small scissors to trim the ends. Brush your brows back to the natural direction they grow in.
Once you have decided on the shape, colour your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil in a similar colour to your hair. Repeat what you did on the other brow.
Allow your eye and nose to guide you in the proper way to eye brow.
1. Make sure the inner corner of your eyebrow should be in line with the outside corner of your nose.
2. The highest part of the arch should be line with the outer edge of the coloured part of your eye or at the edge of the eye. (2)
3. Lastly, place a pencil from the outer end of your eye to the outer corner of your nose, this will show you where your eyebrows should end.
Make sure the top of each arch is equal and in line so that your face still has a natural look.
• Threading – Pure cotton threads are used for this type of shaping. Threading pulls out a whole lot of raw hair at once. It is good because no products are used that might cause skin irritation. It is bad because you cannot thread short hair.
• Waxing – sharp pain is experienced for a few minutes, as heated wax is used. Waxing lasts longer, leaving the skin smooth.
• Tweezing – is painful as the hairs are pulled from the roots. You can do it alone at home. Sensitive skin turns red and it is painful.
• Shaving – is the most common method done at home. Less painful method but may be risky as the wrong size blade can remove too much hair. It will cause ingrown hairs, cuts and pimples.
To ease the pain, numb brow area with an ice cube.
There are colours that look great on women with darker skin tones but look horrible when used by a woman with fair, pink-toned skin.
Groomed eyebrows are also extremely important because they frame your eyes. The best way to get the shape you want is to visit a beautician who will shape and wax them so they look great then you can maintain them yourself with your tweezers. Great eyebrows highlight your eyes and the make-up you put on your face as well as making you feel great with a natural.
Until next week. Stay Fabulous. You can contact Lucretia at email@example.com