HEALTHY SKIN IS BEAUTIFUL SKIN
The secret to remaining youthful is a good lifestyle and following a beauty regime. Skin that is healthy from the inside will glow from the outside. Beauty is a feeling. It’s a presence of mind, a strong body, and a glow from the inside out. It's being comfortable in your own skin. It's a lifestyle.
As I turned a year older on the 1st of October, I became more conscious of my life and that my value is not in how I look in my Indian or natural hair, how much I weigh, how flawless my skin is, or whether I have no wrinkles or cellulite. Just me being an open-hearted, radiant, and blessing force of love; I am the gift in itself. There is nothing I need to DO and nothing I need to prove. This week I will share my favourite two beauty tips that I live by.
Everything you eat becomes a part of not only your inner being, but the outer fabric of your body as well – the healthier the foods that you consume, the better your skin will look. The less attention we pay to what goes in our mouth, the more problems we may see cropping up with our skin. Eating a rainbow of fresh fruit and vegetables helps skin stay firmer for longer. The antioxidants and other phytochemicals can protect the cells so there is less chance for damage and disintegration, you also guard against premature ageing.
The skin-deep diet helps you to look younger and healthier – plenty of essential fatty acids help firm the skin, while tucking in to a range of fruit and vegetables can clear up breakouts. The best known essential fatty acids are Omega 3 and Omega 6, which must be in balance for good health and good skin. Though we all seem to get enough Omega 6, many people lack Omega 3 – fish, walnut and flax seed oil are among the best sources.
Honey – is a natural antibacterial agent that can reduce bacteria causing irritation, black heads and pimples, soothing and healing to the skin. I always desire smooth and flawless skin and honey is my number one champion.
• Use honey as a facial cleanser or as a face mask.
• Honey is an all-natural humectant, it attracts and helps retain skin moisture, hydrating your skin without any man-made chemicals or compounds like commercial moisturizers.
• This honey beauty recipe will naturally firm and tone your face, leaving your skin feeling smooth and clean while minimizing pores and helping erase the signs of ageing.
Tip: The darker the honey, the more antioxidants it has.
Lemon – My relationship with lemons moved from the kitchen to the bathroom, as I incorporated the citrus fruit into my beauty regimen.
• Lemons are a great source of calcium, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium minerals and antioxidants that improve the appearance and condition of our hair, skin and nails.
• They heal acne and remove blackheads. Lemons antibacterial and antifungal properties make them a natural alternative to treat acne.
• They lighten dark spots and blemishes. Lemon juice's citric acid gradually fades spots and evens your skin tone.
• Lemons get rid of oily skin. Do this before bed and washing your face the next morning to prevent oily skin.
• It removes dead skin cells. It makes skin look fresher and younger.
Tip: Keep in mind that lemon juice should not be left on the body for extended periods of time and may have severe reactions when exposed to the sun. You can never give your skin enough love.