We all love our furry friends and everything about them. Their eyes, their nose, their sleeping positions, the way they eat, the way they snore, and whatnot. The only thing we hate about them is the abundance of hair. Mind you. We even love their hair but only till they do not stick to our clothes. This is simply because it gets tough for pet parents and all they do is keep wondering how to get dog hair out of clothes.
Congratulations, as we have finally found the answer to your question. In this blog, we will discuss some interesting hacks for getting out dog hair from your clothes. Keep reading to learn all of them.
Table of Contents
How to get dog hair out of clothes?
- Try to remove as much hair as possible before actually washing your laundry
- Use the dry, wash, and then again dry technique
- Utilize dryer sheets
- Wash your clothes with vinegar
- Try using tools like lint rollers or fabric brushes
1. Try to remove as much hair as possible before actually washing your laundry
This is the simplest yet the most practical way on how to get dog hair out of clothes. All you need to do is shake your clothes well before putting them in water. Washing your clothes will help you get that dog hair out. Unfortunately, some short hair might just tightly stick to the clothes when soaked in water. Hence, to stop this from happening, we suggest you shake your clothes well. This will make all the dry hair fall out by itself. The remaining dog hair can be removed by washing the clothes further.
2. Use the dry, wash, and then again dry technique
The dry, wash, and dry technique can help you on how to get dog hair out of clothes. As per this technique, you should first dry your clothes before washing them. Put your load in the dryer for about ten to fifteen minutes. Switch the mode to no-heat drying or low-heat drying. You can also add a damp (not properly wet) cloth to smoothen the drying process. The possible amount of hair will be collected by your dryer’s lint screen.
After this has been done, wash your clothes normally and again dry them further. But you need to make sure that you clean the dryer after the first step. This is because all the collected dog hair is still on your dryer’s lint screen. Hence, cleaning your dryer will ensure that it is free from any dog hair. Hence, no additional dog hair will stick to your freshly washed clothes.
3. Utilize dryer sheets
As discussed in the previous point, the dry, wash, and dry technique can help with eliminating dog hair on your clothes. However, you don’t need to use this technique. You can still apply your normal washing method. However, irrespective of the washing technique you are using, we advise you to utilize dryer sheets.
For your information, there are different types of dryer sheets available in the market. Fortunately, there are pet-friendly dryer sheets available as well (God bless the one who invented these- from all dog parents).
These dryer sheets possess anti-static properties. These properties help reduce static energy from your clothes. As a result, your clothes soften and that stuck dog hair falls out easily.
4. Wash your clothes with vinegar
There are a lot of cleaners available in the market that claim to remove dog hair. However, many dog parents decided to give those cleaners a try. Unfortunately, they were still not able to find an answer on how to get dog hair out of clothes. Vinegar can assist you with the same. Yes, you read it right. That vinegar bottle in the pantry is a home remedy that can help you get rid of dog hair from your clothes.
Vinegar is acidic. It contains acetic acid. This helps in softening the clothes fabric. As a result, the pet hair stuck in that fabric falls out on its own. It can also be concluded that irrespective of getting pet hair out of clothes, vinegar acts as a natural fabric softener as well.
Tip to keep in mind when using vinegar
Are there any essential tips that we should follow while using vinegar as a solution on how to get dog hair out of clothes?
Well, yes. There are certain tips that we recommend when using vinegar to remove dog hair from your clothes.
- We advise you to add half a cup of vinegar along with detergent powder before continuing your regular washing method.
- Vinegar does not leave any smell. The minor smell eventually evaporates when the clothes are put into a dryer. But if you are still concerned about the same, you can try adding a lesser amount of vinegar at first.
- You can use both; apple cider vinegar or white vinegar. It completely depends on your choice. However, they both work similarly so it doesn’t make a difference.
- In case you have an older model, you will have to manually add vinegar before the final rinse to get dog hair out of your clothes.
- Newer washing machine models generally provide an option to add vinegar or other softeners in the beginning. They automatically dispense it before the final rinse.
- You need to check your washing machine’s manual to see if it is okay with vinegar. If it’s not, simply add vinegar to a bucket of water and put your clothes in it.
5. Try using tools like lint rollers or fabric brushes
Just like you, there are a lot of dog parents in our friend circle. We asked all of them to give some tips on how to get dog hair out of clothes. And guess what, out of so many answers, the common one was ‘use a lint roller for the same.’ As we concluded that all the dog parents think of this point in common, we decided to include this in our blog.
To get rid of dog hair from our clothes, dog parents can use tools like lint rollers or fabric brushes. The best part about these tools is that they are easily available in the market. Along with being affordable, lint rollers and fabric brushes are very easy to use.
Removing dog hair with a lint remover
you simply need to roll it over your clothes. All that dog hair will stick to the roller sheet. But there are chances that some dog hair might still be left. You can simply eliminate that particular sheet and are all set for round two.
Removing dog hair with a fabric brush
You gently need to brush the particular area of your clothes where you see dog hair. Make sure you start brushing from the up to the down direction. This will ensure that all the dog hair easily falls off your clothes.
To conclude our blog, some interesting hacks on how to get dog hair out of clothes, we would like to list some key points.
- Dog hair won’t magically vanish from your clothes. Instead, you will have to try different tricks and tips to make it happen.
- You can either purchase tools like lint rollers and fabric brushes to remove dog hair. Instead, you can also try natural home remedies like vinegar, to achieve the same.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are there any ways on how to get dog hair out of clothes?
Yes! Some various tips and tricks can help you get rid of dog hair present on your clothes. Some of them include
- Washing your clothes with vinegar
- Use tools like a lint roller or fabric brush to remove dog hair.
- shake your clothes well before washing them.
2. How can I get rid of dog hair permanently?
Sorry, but there is no way that you can get rid of dog hair permanently. Well, franking saying, no one as a dog parent will ever want to get rid of dog hair permanently. This is simply because home is where dog hair is. However, you can use various tips to remove dog hair from your clothes. Using a dry, wash, and dry technique can help with the same.
3. What is the dry, wash, and dry technique?
The dry, wash, and dry techniques are used for removing dog hair from your clothes. You first need to put your clothes into a dryer for around ten to fifteen minutes. After this, you can regularly wash and dry your clothes.
4. Does the lint roller actually work? Is there any alternative to it?
Yes! The lint roller can help you remove dog hair from your clothes. It comes with a sticky sheet. You just have to roll it over the area that contains dog hair. All the dog hair will then stick to the sticky sheet.
Cello tape can be used as an alternative to a lint roller. You will have to manually stick and pull cello tape on the area containing dog hair.
Nupur Goyal is a passionate content writer with a total experience of 3 years in the same field. She has written content on diverse niches for many popular websites. She is currently working as a full-time content writer in a reputed digital marketing agency in Delhi. She is really fond of animals, especially dogs. She has a pitbull named Casper. The only thing she loves besides content writing is playing with dogs, may it be her pet or the strays. Oh, how could we miss including that junk food point. She is a vegetarian and enjoys eating junk food.